Ocoee River Rafting Near You | Trip Planning
WHERE SHOULD I STAY NEAR THE OCOEE RIVER?
Is the Ocoee River Near Me?
Ocoee whitewater rafting is a short drive from the following metro areas:
- Chattanooga, Tennessee: 45 mi | Approx. 1 hour
- Knoxville, Tennessee: 81 mi | Approx. 1.5 hours
- Atlanta, Georgia: 114 mi | Approx. 2.5 hours
- Birmingham, Alabama: 190 mi | Approx. 3 hours
- Nashville, Tennessee: 175 mi | Approx. 3.5 hours
Where is the Ocoee River?
- The Ocoee River is 93-miles long and flows northwestward through the southern Appalachian Mountains in Tennessee. It is a tributary of the Hiwassee River, which is joined in Polk Country, Tennessee near the town of Benton. It also provides the best Tennessee whitewater rafting!
- Ocoee Outdoors is located in Benton, Tennessee where we launch our top-rated Ocoee River rafting trips, and have been since 1977!
- The Ocoee River hosted the whitewater slalom events during the Centennial 1996 Summer Olympics.
Don’t Miss These Hidden Local Attractions Near the Ocoee!
- Rafting and then Whiskey?
- If you are coming from Chattanooga, don’t miss the local distillery, Chattanooga Whiskey!
- Waterfall Hike
- Conasauga Falls – Tellico Plains; a 1.2 secluded hike to a very scenic falls just 30 minutes from the Ocoee!
- Grab a beer and pizza at Gondolier – Italian Restaurant & Pizza
LOCAL EVENTS TO COMBO WITH YOUR RAFTING TRIP
- A music festival – July 28th – 30th
- 5th Annual Ocoee River Jam – food, music, drinks & more!
- Food festival – September 9th
- Wine Festival – October 7th
- 23rd Annual Wine over Water – Tennessee’s premier wine-tasting festival with over 100 wineries from around the world!
- A Solar Eclipse – August 20-21st, 2017 Solar sip & See, Sun & Moon Festival, viewing parties & more