From adventure in the great outdoors to booming nightlife, the Southeast has an abundance of activities for you to enjoy. From a ghost tour in Charleston to hiking in Asheville there is something for everyone! The history and culture of our region is some of the richest in the country and is continually being made every day so come to soak up some history in the making! Here is a list of 5 of our favorite Southeast towns and a few things (of the many) to do in each!
- Walnut Street Bridge – Built in 1890, the Walnut Street Bridge was the first to connect Chattanooga, Tennessee‘s downtown with the North Shore making for easy access to downtown and Coolidge Park. An amazing walking bridge that offers awesome views and plenty of exercise.
- High Point Climbing – High Point Climbing And Fitness is one of the nation’s most unique climbing facilities with 30,000 square feet of climbing inside and outside. In the April 2015 issue of Climbing Magazine High Point was called, “the country’s coolest gym”.
- The Comedy Catch – Featuring top national stand up comedians that have appeared on Comedy Central, Netflix, HBO, SHO, The Tonight Show, and more. Treat yourself to a night of fun for a group of two or two hundred!
- Downtown Asheville Art District – Explore more than 25 downtown galleries, studios and museums all located within a half-mile radius of historic downtown Asheville.
- Hiking to Blue Ridge Parkway Waterfalls – A journey on the Blue Ridge Parkway offers spectacular views of Southern Appalachia’s diverse beauty for 469 uninterrupted miles. Blue-misted mountains, cascading waterfalls, rolling pasture, and gorges banked with wildflowers greet hikers of all skill levels among the more than 100 varied and intriguing trails in North Carolina and Virginia.
- Off the Wagon: Dueling Piano Bar – The musicians will impress you with their repertoire of thousands of popular songs from the last fifty years. It’s an all request show – let the musicians impress you with their repertoire. It’s a rock-and-roll, sing-along, total party atmosphere.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company Tour – On April 29, 2017, Atlanta North Metro became a sales center of Atlanta Coca-Cola Bottling Company, the local bottler, and of parent company Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. Their products are distributed under exclusive franchise agreements with The Coca-Cola Company and other beverage franchise companies in the north Atlanta area. Stop by for a tour!
- Kayaking the Broad River with Wine Tasting – Kayaking and wine tasting have never paired so well together! Start off this excursion by kayaking down the Broad River in Northeastern Georgia, one of the last free-flowing rivers known for its historical importance and relatively unspoiled nature and numerous shoals. Then head to Boutier Winery, a lush and luscious 32-acre property where the wine is as good as the natural aesthetics.
- Atlanta Magic Theater – An evening of world-class magic and clean comedy starring Atlanta Magician Peter Morrison.
- Downtown Charleston – Charleston, the official seat of the county that bears its name, is the oldest and second most populated city in South Carolina. Many of its proud 135,000 residents like to explain that it is located, “where the Cooper and Ashley Rivers come together to form the Atlantic Ocean.” Charleston is recognized throughout the world for its charm that directly results from preserved history, its natural beauty, its friendly and welcoming people, its awe-inspiring restaurants and more.
- Schooner Sailing Cruise on Charleston Harbor – Tour Charleston Harbor and experience the best in Charleston sailing, sightseeing and attractions on The Schooner Pride, a classic 84′ tall ship.
- Ghost Tour – Walk inside the gates of one of Charleston’s oldest graveyards after dark. When all the other walking tours are looking in through the fence, you’ll be on the inside. Explore the dark corners and step across the graves, if you dare.
- Kennedy Space Center – Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is where rockets launch and inspiration begins at Florida’s gateway to space. Located one small step from Orlando, arrive early for a full-day experience at the greatest space adventure on Earth.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Step inside a world where magic is real. Within Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ theme park, you can visit the iconic Hogwarts™ castle and explore Hogsmeade™ village. And, at Universal Studios Florida™ theme park, you can enter Diagon Alley™ to enjoy a multi-dimensional thrill ride, magical experiences, and more. Get ready to explore more of Harry Potter’s world than ever before.
- Universal City Walk – This is where it all comes together. This is where unforgettable family fun meets restaurants that don’t just make you say “Yum,” but “Wow.” The one place where the dining tastes of every member of the family intersects with entertainment everyone can enjoy. It’s everything you’re looking for, and anything but ordinary. Universal CityWalk, The Epicenter of Awesome.
Of course, the Southeast is much more than just 5 cities. As an area with a rich history, friendly people, great food, and tons of activities, it’s an area that you’re going to want to come explore for yourself! If you do find yourself in the Southeast, we hope that this list makes for a great place to start your trip planning! And of course, we would love for you to join us for an Ocoee River rafting adventure, or for a high-flying day of ziplining with Ocoee Zipz, we’ve got the best ziplining and rafting near Atlanta and Chattanooga, and it’s well worth the drive from Ashville, Charleston, and Orlando!