Your Ocoee Rafting Adventure Getaway Guide: For the Boys
Let’s face it, women tend to dominate travel decisions and planning. If you and your friends are looking for a guy’s trip, father-son adventure or bachelor party idea, we have you covered here at Ocoee Outdoors! Looking for rafting near Atlanta? We are only an hour and a half away. How about rafting near Chattanooga? Yup, less than an hour. If you are looking to escape Nashville, TN for the weekend, we are a scenic 3 hour drive away!
Everyone needs a break from reality to get away and do some self-pampering, bringing some friends along makes it even better. Life get’s hectic especially when you throw in kids, work, school, or even all three! Take a break, de-stress from your busy schedule and get out with some of your guys for an Ocoee River Rafting trip!
Why go rafting on the Ocoee River?
- #1 ranked whitewater rafting destination in the US!
- Rafting near you! Only 1.5 hours from Atlanta, less than an hour from Chattanooga and 3 hours from Nashville.
- Up to 6 hours of adrenaline pumping rapids on one trip!
- Need more reasons? Read our top 5 reasons to go Ocoee River rafting!
Where to stay near the Ocoee River?
- Camp in the Cherokee National Forest under the stars!
- Cabins Rentals Near the Ocoee – Welcome Valley Village
- Lodge – Lake Ocoee Inn
Other Activities For Guy’s Weekend
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Fishing is a way of life in these mountains and the trout fishing is world class on the Hiwassee! Learn more here.
Don’t Miss These Hidden Gems Near the Ocoee!
- Rafting and then Whiskey?
- Yup! Don’t miss the local distillery, Chattanooga Whiskey!
- Waterfall Hike
- Conasauga Falls – Tellico Plains; a 1.2 secluded hike to a very scenic falls just 30 minutes from the Ocoee!
- Eat at the Ocoee Dam Deli & Diner
- Have a drink after your day on the river at Dumpys Watering Hole!
Special Events to Combo Your Rafting Trip With:
- A music festival – July 28th – 30th
- 5th Annual Ocoee River Jam – food, music, drinks & more!
- Food festival – September 9th
- Wine Festival – October 7th
- 23rd Annual Wine over Water – Tennessee’s premier wine-tasting festival with over 100 wineries from around the world!
- A Solar Eclipse – August 20-21st, 2017Solar sip & See, Sun & Moon Festival, viewing parties & more
Still not sure about rafting on the Ocoee? Use coupon code ‘Guys15‘ to save 15% on your trip!